KARACHI: Expressing its concern over spread of XDR typhoid cases in Karachi and elsewhere, the Pakistan Medical Association has said the number of patients infected by the virus has exceeded 8000.
In a statement issued on Tuesday, the PMA said the XDR typhoid is a serious water-born infection caused by the bacterium Salmonella Typhi that spreads through contaminated food and water.
The statement said most of the cases are being reported from Karachi followed by Hyderabad, Sanghar and the adjoining areas.
The symptoms include: high grade fever, weakness, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, headache, cough and loss of appetite.
Pre cautionary measures:
- Use safe (boiled) drinking water.
- Avoid using ice of unknown purity.
- Fuits, vegetables and utensils should be washed with boiled water.
- Wash your hands with soap before eating.
- Wash your hands with soap after going to toilet.
- Avoid eating out.
- Always visit a qualified doctor.
- Avoid self-medication.
- Hakeem/Homeopaths and other health providers should not prescribe antibiotics.
Follow Entertainment NEWS Today for more latest and trending stories. Get Breaking and Latest News online on The Namal more Follow us on Google News