Who is Ghazala Saifi?
Two women lawmakers got into a fight during which one ended up slapping the other.
The Opposition members were protesting during the proceedings around the speaker’s dice when PPP’s MNA Shagufta Jumani slapped PTI lawmaker Ghazala Saifi, creating chaos in the National Assembly.
Who is Ghazala Saifi?
Member of National Assembly (2018 — Present)
- Parliamentary Committee for Education & Skill Development
- Parliamentary Committee for Human Rights
- Parliamentary Committee for Kashmir Issues
- Parliamentary Committee for Kashmir & Gilgit Baltistan
- SDG Task Force
- Chairperson, Women Empowerment Committee, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf since March, 2020
Government of Pakistan (2018 — Present)
Parliamentary Secretary – National Heritage & Culture Division
PTI (2010 — Present)
- Held office of President for the Women’s Wing, Karachi. PTI Held office of Senior Vice President, Women’s Wing Sindh – PTI Master Trainer for Polling agents by National Democratic Institute
- Responsible for creating a liaison between the women members of rural and urban Sindh.
- Conducted Eye Camps in Kemari.
- Successfully raised funds for various medical treatments for the underprivileged communities.
- Raised Funds for various candidates during the 2013 elections. Participated along with the KPT team for Mangroves Plantations (2017) Participated regularly for Sit-down protests and Jalsa’s all through out Pakistan.
Women Chambers of Commerce & Industry, Karachi South (2015 — Present)
Founding Senior Vice President
- Providing women skills such as: Entrepreneurship and Trade Policy Development Bringing women entrepreneurs of Karachi – South from Micro to small and small to medium levels of business.
- WCCI Karachi South has a strength of 150 women and growing entrepreneurs. Have arranged various fundraisers for: JPMC, Lady Duffrin Hospital, Bilquis Edhi Foundation & Binte Fatima Old Women’s Home.
- Organised a yearly award ceremony, acknowledging women and their contribution to Pakistani society.
- Held a seminar for Women Empowerment, guest speaker invited was Chairman Imran Khan – Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf.
Sindh Technical and Vocational Training Association (2007 — Present)
- Have been the Chairperson for STEVTA for the past 11 years. Have worked tirelessly to improve their programs, and worked with the marginalised communities of women and supported them.
- STEVTA is audited yearly by a reputable Accounting Firm.
- Working to develop a Technical Institute for women of rural areas. This Insitiute will train women to become Mid-Wives and Nurses.
SWEC Member (2008 — Present)
- SAARC Women Executive Council.
- Visited India and Nepal as part of a delegation from Pakistan.
- Attending a training in Bangladesh on Digital Media and Communication – Funded
KHAAMTA (2005 — Present)
CEO. & Founder
Khaamta Textiles is a company known mainly for their handcrafted products, such as their hand-woven cottons and silks. Apart from that they have a variety of products such as readymade clothes for both men and women. Successfully run the company and it’s day to day activities.
Book Group Member
Developed teachers guides and edited (urdu) novels and (urdu) reading material for High School students.
- Master Sahab
St. Josephs School & C.A.S (1988 — 1994)
- Teacher Taught O level courses in Pakistan Studies, Islamiat & Urdu.
- Taught remedial Urdu