Weather update: Rainfall alert issued as monsoon arrives in Pakistan
Islamabad: Authorities concerned have been advised to remain alert during the monsoon rainfalls that starts on July 1 in different parts of Pakiatan.
- Heavy falls may generate urban flooding in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Gujranwala, Sialkot, Faisalabad from 02nd to 04th July & in Karachi and Hyderabad from 03rd to 05th July.
- Fishermen are advised to remain careful due to rough sea conditions from 03rd to 05th July.
- Flash flooding is also expected in local nullahs of Kashmir, Khuzdar, Lasbella, Naseerabad, Awaran, Barkhan and Kohlu during the forecast period.
- Heavy rainfall may trigger landslides in Kashmir, Galliyat and Murree.
- The rising temperatures are likely to subside during the forecast period. Windstorms may damage loose structures at vulnerable locations.
- Rainwater will be beneficial for the sowing of rice crop.
- Travelers and tourists are advised to remain extra cautious during the forecast period.
Rain-windstorm/thundershower is expected in Islamabad, Kashmir, Gilgit Baltistan, Swat, Mansehra, Kohistan, Abbottabad, Haripur, Peshawar, Mardan, Swabi, Nowshera, Rawalpindi, Murree, Attock, Chakwal, Jhelum, Sargodha, Hafizabad, M. B Din, Sialkot, Narowal, Lahore, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Sheikhupura, Faisalabad, Jhang, T.T Singh, Okara, Sahiwal and Bahawalnagar from 30th June to 04th July. Isolated heavy falls are also expected during the period.
Rain-windstorm/thundershower (Isolated heavy falls) are expected in Karachi, Hyderabad, Thatta, Badin, Dadu, Zhob, Ziarat, Barkhan, Loralai, Kohlu, Quetta, Kalat, Khuzdar, Lasbella, Naseerabad and Sibbi from 1st July to 05th July.